Student Travel Grant Applications
The International Advisory Committee (IAC) of the ITC has decided to offer a number of travel grants that will be available to support full-time students for attending ITC 30. The amount of each grant is EUR 600 that can be used to cover student travel expenses related to attending ITC 30 conference, such as student registration fee, airline ticket, and hotel accommodation expenses.
The registration is open from June 11, 2018 until June 25, 2018.
The application from the student should state why he/she wants to attend ITC 30 and how would he/she benefit from ITC 30. This description should be kept to a page maximum and uploaded through EDAS.
The advisor of the student must also submit an advisor’s recommendation stating that ITC 30 covers the applicant's research areas, details whether the student is a PhD candidate, and outlines how the student out stands among other students. Upon application from the student, the advisor will receive an invitation from EDAS to submit the recommendation.
It is important that both the student and advisor motivate the application with regards to the technical objectives of ITC and the research work of the applicant.
If selected, the Student commits to send within two weeks after ITC 30 a two-page report highlighting the benefits of having attended ITC 30, in terms of impact on his/her own research, of overall technical knowledge increase, and on technical exchanges and potential collaboration with other attendees.
- Registration is open from June 11, 2018
- Application submission: June 25, 2018
- Recommendation submission: July 2, 2018
- Decisions/notification: July 6, 2018
- Acceptance by the recipient: July 13, 2018 (conference registration must be completed)
Chair: Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs Networks, France
Olivier Festor, Inria Nancy Grand Est, Telecom Nancy, University of Lorraine
Ravi R. Mazumdar, University of Waterloo, Canada
Student Travel Grant Recipients of ITC 30
This year five Student Travel Grants were issued. This years recipients are
- Adriana Fernández-Fernández, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Sathiya Kumaran Mani, University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA
- Christian Moldovan, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Irena Orsolic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Daniela Renga, Politecnico di Torino, Italy